Home

Friday, January 8, 2016

Fish Fry

Fish Fry
This morning I have been working in the envelope journal some more and this time I am using an envelope from Terry Garrett and a card from Michele Unger.  Terry's envelope to me was much longer and I folded it in the journal.  Michele's card was a thank you for something I must have done for her a year or so ago. Combining the two into a spread was great fun.

On the salmon part of the spread the seaweed is made from cocktail umbrellas.  Since the salmon is King in the Northwest you can see why I placed a crown on its' head.  When I visited Terry in MN the walleye is one of the prominent fish along with the Northern Pike.  Hence another fish had to be added to Terry's envelope.  Reading menus in MN I noticed many entries for fried fish.  Doing a secret collaboration is quite fun.  Thank you Terry and Michele for mail. :-)


3 comments:

jacki long said...

So cool, John!
I stared at it for a long time, just taking it all in.
I am always inspired how you combine into a visual story. ♥

tgarrett said...

So fun John- I love how you are doing this- using envelops-and so fun to see mine again.

Brian Kasstle said...

Such a clever idea to use these wonderful envelopes! I love these, Mr. Prolific!