Home

Friday, December 16, 2016

Graffiti Series # 22

Graffiti Series #22

Choosing images is one of the most fun parts of a narrative collage.  Sometimes I like to be the one to tell what I was thinking as I was creating and at other times I think it is more fun for you, the viewer, to tell your own story about what you think is happening.  I have gotten some great narratives from my art friends which are very different than what my intention was.  In this one perhaps the stamp, the postman, and the man in the vintage photo are connected.  Make it your own.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

You're so right,old photos say so much, John.
You are a master of using them to tell a story.
Love the postman, he's seen a lot.
The older gentleman has lived a lot.
A lot of eye movement in this composition for me, love it!

Anonymous said...

I have to know what that tower is! Found the stamp bigger with a search but none of the images say. Can you read a label on it?
It's a sad story, whatever it is.