Home

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Barn #102

Barn #102
Lots is going on in this spread.  The animals and the vegetation all came from wallpaper samples.  The background is actually one of the most detailed I have done.  I have included fabric left over from a book binding project.  There is sanded fiber paste and stencil work. The barn photo comes from a barn that I found and photographed  near the Skagit Valley tulip fields.  The farmer photos come from an old book I came across and got for 20 cents.

4 comments:

jacki long said...

Wonderful John! You are able not only to create beautiful images with divine colors, but you establish an atmosphere that transports the viewer! Wonderful! ♥♥♥

amy of studio four corners said...

lovin' this barn series - so interactive...I want to see more!

Brian Kasstle said...

This is really wonderful John. I love the colours of the background and the light images . I really love this series!

anonymous said...

Those wallpaper scraps were a real find. The animals are such a nice style and not too 'forceful' in your design.