Home

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Process.......


I thought you might be interested in seeing part of the process in making an eight spread mini-journal.  After folding the watercolor paper I adhered washi tape in the valley folds of the accordion.  I then adhered found papers from magazines and papers that I have collected.  The first image below shows the adhered papers before I cut them down to the size of the watercolor paper accordion.




I kind of did an assembly line production.  Now I have eight more mini-journals that I can work in.  That means a lot of work but I am so motivated to work in the minis.  I guess you will be seeing a lot more.




Happy Thanksgiving! :-)


6 comments:

n.v. said...

This is fascinating. Please explain a bit more about the sequence. And is the tape purely aesthetic or functional on the valley folds?

tgarrett said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love seeing these what a wonderful variety.

Bea said...

Happy thanksgiving...

Robert said...

Love all the wonderful color and texture, here! Looks like you are going to be busy for quite awhile!

jacki long said...

How exciting, John, and really beautiful already!
Happiest Thanksgiving to you and Tim, take good care.

anonymous said...

You are so industrious and inspired! They all look beautiful already. xcr