Home

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

423


423
This postcard was inspired by figs.  I know it sounds odd but I love figs and last weekend I was in Whole Foods to see if there might possibly be figs yet and sure enough there were.  On my way to the checkout I saw the most wonderful cocktail napkin with dragonflies.  Since I love to use napkins in collage I had to purchase the napkins.  This series of eight uses the napkin ephemera in the background.  I created the series on heavy stock paper that I found at a garage sale last weekend as well.  It only cost 25 cents for about ten sheets 20 by 32 inch black paper.  I guess the seller was cleaning house and meant it!  Anyway, I scored big time.....lucky me!

423 has a secret meaning which I explained on the back of the postcard to the person who will receive the snail mail.

6 comments:

tgarrett said...

That is an awesome postcard- it would make a great print to frame

jacki long said...

Yummy! That's a technical term!
I am always thrilled just to see that you have posted ...
then double my pleasure when I see what you post.
I am a fan, big time!

amy of studio four corners said...

I wonder what those two guys are talking about...! I love using napkins too - we should swap sometime - double the inspiration!

anonymous said...

Mmmm - figs. Yes please. Fresh, alone or with cheese, tinned with cream...

Brian Kasstle said...

Hmmm I do love figs as well! This is a splendid postcard! Fabulous!

Seth said...

Like the layering in this piece. Looking forward to seeing all the napkins!