Home

Friday, July 31, 2020

TEN 02


TEN 02


Day two for TEN.  I just went through all of the TEN collages this morning.  I just love how the postmarks give line and movement to the total composition.

Well I had a bit of a misadventure yesterday morning.  I was doing some work on the house replacing some framing around the dining room window that had dry rot.  I had deconstructed and was putting up the replacement board when I fell backwards off our eight foot ladder.  I hit hard on the asphalt scraping my arm and hurting my back.  As the day progressed so did the back.  Yesterday afternoon and evening was pretty tough.  I considered going to the ER but I was hesitant because of the virus.  So I iced my back and kept trying to walk and sit to give everything some exercise.  Last night I slept sitting up. 

Today things are better.  I was expecting the worst and even though there is still pain I am able to move around.  SO I am going to take it easy for a few days and see what happens.  I did have my back checked for breakage and it seems OK.  I think it might be more muscle than anything.  I think I may have dodged a bullet.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Oh no, please take good care.
I am so sorry, falls can be serious,
but I am glad you re still mobile and evidently just sore?

tgarrett said...

Well dear friend please pay close attention to your body and how it feels-and if there is concern so see about it please. I like this collage a lot I have saved some postage like this and what a great way to use it I just may have to try something similar.

Robert said...

So sorry to hear your news, John! Jamie and I have started to realize that we need to hire people to do more and more of those sorts of things around our house and yard. Not what I consider a “fun” aspect of getting older. I also love the way the postmarks integrate into the entire composition bringing strong visual motion to the piece.