Home

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Patriotic Cow

Patriotic Cow
Tim and I lived in Germany during 911.  We spent the whole year after that fateful day overseas. When we returned to the US for a visit we were hit with patriotism everywhere.  Flags were flying from cars and were in store windows.  Everywhere we turned there were flags.  In Seattle, where I live  now, we only see the 12th Man flags flying along with Seahawk flags.  I find it interesting how we channel our feelings at any one moment.

I have begun a new series called Memory Lane.  For some reason I am going down that road and so beware you will be seeing references culled from my memory for awhile.  I called this piece Patriotic Cow!  Who knows where that came from but that is what it is!

5 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I adore this card ~ it's one of your v. v. best. Just fabulous! Hugs to you and Tim.

jacki long said...

I love this one! And especially the cow!
You have such a talent for herding in the perfect images ...
to let the subject come through. Awesome!

Claudia MB said...

I like this very much -- I feel an undercurent of unease. Did you find the letters as they are, or did you enhance them? I like the target lines across the O and C.

tgarrett said...

You should do a blurb book with your spreads on one side and your storeis on the other- I'd buy it.

john said...

I found the letters at the Schack Art Center artist garage sale last summer. :-) They have not been altered but came just the way they are. They are actually magnets.