Home

Saturday, December 27, 2014

American Gothic

American Gothic
I do love the original American Gothic.  It has a sense of humor about it and really does represent "middle America".  My American Gothic represents the ethic community that Seattle is famous for. Much of Ballard, a  Scandinavian founded neighborhood, a part of Seattle, is rich in culture.  This piece included a reference to Finland.  I frequently get stamps on mail from Finland which I covet and include in collages.  Finnish stamps are quite creative.  This particular one is circular with a second portion that pulls out as a second stamp.  I love that it leaves a negative space on the round stamp.

2 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Excellent!

jacki long said...

Eye candy, big time!
And, it is reminiscent of my mom's old albums ...
with black pages & white hand writing.