Home

Thursday, October 3, 2019

San Francisco Postcards 16

San Francisco Postcards 16
This postcard is one of the most unusual that I have done.  When I was in the Shetland Islands in April I created what I call map lace.  I used that idea here.  I love how the letters are showing through the lace.  An art friend gave me some ephemera recently which included the face off the Starbuck’s sleeve.  It all seems to fit....the trolley, the face, and the photo.

Golden Gate Bridge from Marin County.....looking south.




2 comments:

jacki long said...

Loving your postcards and details of your great trip!

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...


I delete so many posts every day that seem to want something from me.
Thus, It is a joy each morning to receive the gift of your blog post.
Beautiful color and composition, small story. I relish it like a morning pastry with my coffee,
Thanks John.
Map lace!