Home

Friday, January 27, 2023

Cardboard Journal - 10


 When I am working on a tiny book like this I do not have an outcome in mind other than it will be shabby chic.   I do not work on one spread at a time until completion.  I work on the whole book.  I find something interesting and I adhere it to a page.  The composition leads me.  This one led me to a narrative about the woman.  i thought she looked like she was an aristocrat of some sort….perhaps a society matron.  The fork, the plant and her look suggested to me that she has to have everything just so or as I said “precise”.  It is ingrained in her and hence the word “baggage” as she has to carry her precision with her always.

1 comment:

jacki long said...

I loev this and the whole series, John.
I so look forward each day to seeing!