Home

Friday, January 20, 2023

Cardboard Journal - 03


 Barbara Streisand sings a song called Ladies Who Lunch.  The song is my inspiration for this piece.  In the background on the left I used some map papers that the artist Kathy Ross gave me.  The background papers on the right are home-made sanded magazine papers plus some found magazine papers that I liked.


The question came up in comments about removing the shine from the packing tape transfer.  I have adhered all my packing tape transfers with glue stick.  So putting anything wet over the transfer could cause the transfer to lift and pull away from the substrate.  With that said, one could adhere the packing tape transfer with PVA glue or some other glue of choice that won’t lift when the image is dry. Then a coat of matte medium can be put over the top of the transfer.  That should blunt the shiny image.  Try it and see if it works well for you. Let me know.




1 comment:

jacki long said...

I really like the cardboard journals, that might be a good AUGUST PROJECT???