Home

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Cardboard Box Journal - 01

 

I recently took an online class by Colleen Attara on creating tiny journals out of cardboard boxes.  These boxes are like stationery boxes, not corrugated cardboard.  One might be able to use portions of a corrugated box.  I would have to try and see how it works.  However, stationery boxes work well.  You flatten the box and soak it in warm water.  Then you take the wet cardboard out of the water and peel back the layers to make the pages of the book.  The book is shabby chic in appearance but I must say I had so much fun creating that I am now on my fourth book.  Colleen’s workshop is one of the best online workshops I have ever taken. 


Interior shot of the book with embellishments.


First spread in the journal.  I will share all spreads over the next many days.


Hidden under the car photo is a surprise.  Sorry I can not show it here.

3 comments:

tgarrett said...

This looks very cool- I am so curious how this works.

jacki long said...

Me too, I love the look but am curious on the how??

Anonymous said...

Looks great - can't believe all those layers came from one box! A stationery box must be something I'm not understanding in UK English! xcr