Home

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Cardboard Journal - 04


 Yesterday I chatted about ironing the Amazon box cardboard after soaking it.  I had let it dry for about an hour before ironing.  Well, I have a concern and that is the odor that is given off by the ironing.  I am thinking that I am ironing the glue.  I do not know if it is toxic or not but I got the exhaust fan going and opened the kitchen window.  Just wanted you to know.  Ventilation is the key I am sure.


Also I talked about removing the gloss from the packing tape transfers.  I have another suggestion for making it matte.  Take a sanding block or fine sandpaper and give it a go on the shiny part of the transfer if you do not want a gloss look.  I tried it and it works.

2 comments:

tgarrett said...

I hope you brings this when we gather- looks so cool. Please be very careful.

jacki long said...

Me too, John, me too! I love this series so much!