Home

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

So. Dakota

So. Dakota
Getting comfortable with white space has been something that I have to spend time thinking about.  White space and negative space are one and the same.  For me, handling it sometimes is easier when I actually create the white space out of, for instance, a piece of paper.  It is much more difficult to create it placing papers together like this collage.  One might say there isn't any white space because the background substrate is part of the collage.  One has to decide is it there or is it not?  For me it is there but I can see from a different perspective that there is no white space.


-------------------------------------------------------

Trevor Paglen: Power & Perspective | ART21 "Exclusive"





1 comment:

jacki long said...

I really like the open spaces that magically tie it all together.