Home

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Grandpa Lost His Teeth

Grandpa Lost His Teeth

 When I was a kid I had a great uncle who drove a Studebaker.  Uncle Cliff would come for visits frequently and I loved the time he spent with my family.  Uncle Cliff had false teeth and would put those teeth in a glass of water during the night.  The above Grandpa reminds me of Uncle Cliff.  I kind of wonder if he ever forgot where he put his teeth sometimes.  I do remember something said about those teeth ending up in his bed.  I don’t remember the details though.



3 comments:

julia said...

As a former nurse, i have a lot of “false teeth” memories too! We are so lucky today...your portraits are infused with your excellent stories and memories...very much enjoying the process, john..

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...

Uncle Cliff in his yellow sweater seems a bit add,Ed. Perhaps this is the moment he lost his teeth.
My grandmother had a way of flipping her upper plate out of her mouth to our hysterical delight when we were little.

jacki long said...

Isn't it wonderful to have your art trigger great memories!