Home

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Orange Series No. 17

Orange Series No. 17
Did you ever watch the television show, The Lone Ranger?  I did when I was growing up.  I loved that show!  Anything to do with cowboys and Indians and I was ready to sit and enjoy.  I am sure that if I were to watch an episode today I would find lots of stereotyping and racism.  So I will just leave it at the memory level.  Could this little boy be the real Lone Ranger?  In my imagination he could be.

-----------------------

Lin-Manuel Miranda Talks "Hamilton," New York And His Influences




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7YTPuEMgaE

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Clever positioning for the contiguity of the flowing lines out to the right, brought back by gaze of the child.
Yes, indeed, Lone Ranger was a favourite - I recall it as black and white but maybe that was just our very basic TV.
Nowadays it is quite tiring trying to think ahead of all the words that might seem non PC, all the idioms that are too close to reality because of all the evil one reads about - soon we shall all have to use very plain English and I'm too old. My mother's language was full of non PC words & ideas which weren't used/meant hurtfully at all - just came from a different time and it was vibrant with quirks, regional variations, slang from her Navy days etc. So I agree - let's remember what we enjoyed as children as being of a different time and not criticise every last detail! Go, oldies!