Home

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Sight - 07


 I recently had a discussion with a friend who was quite surprised at how I work.  He has this idea that one starts with a theme and then creates around that theme.  That is not how I usually work. I usually work with the piece dictating or telling me where to go next..  As you know I was intrigued by the blue color in the crevices of snow and started there this time, but perhaps the only theme I had was observation or sight or eyes in this miniature book.  I still held firm to my way of creating and letting the piece tell me what to do next.  I would say most non-artists do not understand this type of intuitive thinking.  I suppose there are many artists who do not work this way either.  That is OK.  Whatever works for whomever is doing the creating is just fine.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Color choices are spectacular, John.
What a gem you have created, again.

tgarrett said...

John- wonderful piece- and I tend to work the same way. Even when I am working with prompts like I am for Februllage- the prom[t is the launch- I have no idea what I will do but I just start in. I find that when I have an idea and want the piece to be- well I don't often like it compared to when I let the piece just happen.