Home

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Sight - 01


Living in the mountains with snow to my waist for several months provided time to see things that I had not experienced much.  I am talking about the color blue in the snow, the crevasses and indentations and sinks where the light changes the snow from white to blue.  It is fascinating.  So I decided to do a journal using the colors that I saw.  Also the 25 collages in this journal needed to share sight represented by eyes somewhere in the collage.  That led me to wonder how many phrases I could find that used sight in the phrase.  Lots!  This one has “Not a Pretty Sight.”

4 comments:

jacki long said...

Oh this will be a great series, it already is.
My Aunt used to say "you're a sight"! Used positively and sometimes both.
I hd forgotten bout it till you description. Another fun memory.

tgarrett said...

I love this spread and the colors you used. What a fun way to journal using the colors you see. Curious what the size is of your journal is.

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...

I love this theme
Wonderful where isolation can lead a person.
I’ll be following.

Robert said...

A lovely spread, John and such a gorgeous shade (or, more properly “tint”) of blue! I remembered seeing this color many times in snow fields on the wonderful backpacking trips I took into the wilds of the Cascade and Olympic mountains. In my experience, taking inspiration from your environment for creative exploits almost always results in an interesting and productive journey.