Home

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Long Stitch Book with Woven Spine Plus More

Long Stitch Book with Tacket Binding and  Woven Spine


The spine is the star of this book.  I first did a long stitch binding.  Next I wove the four signature linen threads together.  That took a bit of time as one had to be careful to not pull in the threads to the center of the spine.  It would have made the weaving look weird.  I then did tacket binding on the top and bottom eight threads.  When I looked at the completed spine and I thought there needed to be some additional forest green on the top and bottom. So I did some additional tacket binding in the middle ones.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Amazing to me, and so beautiful.

julia said...

It looks like a cloth cover, too. Was this part of your mother’s fabric stash? I love the color combination with the green linen thread...and wow! What a lot of work that weaving was...it’s beautiful.

Michele R. Unger said...

The weaving adds a wonderful texture to the spine and elevates it into something very artistic instead of just very functional. You do make the best books, John!