Home

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Japanese Stab Binding plus Elongated Collage 01

Japanese Stab Binding 
I was cleaning my flat files this week and found a piece of paper that I had created many years ago.  I guess it was just waiting to be turned into a Japanese Stab Binding.  I kind of forget how I made the paper but I do know that the white streaks are from correction tape.

Elongated Collage 01

As I mentioned previously I am cleaning my studio.  As I clean I am setting aside pieces of ephemera that I might use in collages.  This collage, Elongated 01, now resides in the Japanese Stab Binding journal above.  It is only four elements plus some graphite pencil.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Both are great!

tgarrett said...

Beautiful book John and terrific collage!

julia said...

I am imagining the john arbuckle archives!! With thousands of collages and now, hundreds of books!