Home

Friday, August 16, 2019

Elongated Collage 09

Elongated Collage 09

Scanning prior to adherence of the collages into the journal is the best plan.  I still need to make sure the collage will fit the page though.

A few days ago I received some questions from the same person.....

First did you pick that specific book to hold your bound book open? Is there a “message” in the book-collage-tablecloth combo?

This was in reference to choosing a book to hold the Japanese stab bound book open to a certain page.  I did not spend one second choosing.  I just grabbed and went with the first choice.

Is there a “message” in the book-collage-tablecloth combo? Or just happy accident? And are you filling each bound book with collages? Collaging onto the book page? Or binding collages together by theme? 

It was a total happy accidental collage.  I have finished 192 books toward my goal and my plan is to fill all of the journals eventually with collages.  My plan is now to add collages to each page after I finish the collage being aware of the needed size.  I am happy now with the scanning and photography of the collage first with it out of the book.  There actually is a theme to each of these collages.  Can you discover an similarities?

1 comment:

jacki long said...

I think the elongated collages are so pleasing as if they are happy to ge their own fitting space. The negative space is strong too.