Home

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Gentlemen Prefer Red # 5, 6, 7, 8

This concludes the Gentlemen Prefer Red Series.  I can't find #4 so I must have mailed it off without scanning it.  I think I know who I sent it to and I will try and get it scanned after it arrives.  I love how mica sheets add to the composition of each one #5 through #8.  I belong to the NW Collage Society and at our June meeting we have been tasked with creating a black and white plus one postcard for our group competition.  I thought I might recreate number 8 in red, black and white.  It is almost there as is and I especially like the composition....maybe a few tweaks are needed.

Gentlemen Prefer Red #5

Gentlemen Prefer Red #6

Gentlemen Prefer Red # 7

Gentlemen Prefer Red #8



6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

These are all so cool. I agree, No. 8 is superb!

Seth said...

Such a strong series John. The red is so vibrant and intense!

jacki long said...

I find myself smiling when I study your work John!
I just marvel at your composition and the obvious joy you take in the process.
I love them all, but agree #8 is almost there al"RED"y! (sorry ;op)

anonymous said...

Can you transfer onto the mica so you could offset it slightly? Just a thought. Looking forward to your next series already - you make a great success of them (but I still await the outcome of the seagull story...)

tgarrett said...

I love the whole series John and so happy to have one!! Thanks.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

I love the series...and I am fortunate to own #6! My comment is late...but I have enjoyed the card since the day it arrived! Thank you!