While in Southern California last week at Irene's house I completed the cover for the Juliana Coles' class journal which I have working in. For the class we selected a book to alter into a journal, mine was a discarded non-fiction children's book. At Irene's I used stamps created by Brian, Terry, Irene, Jacki and myself. These "chop" marks create quite a fun look. The bird appears in one of the journal spreads and since I had another distressed bird I added it to the cover as well. Brian suggested that I include one red something on the front and back cover and use StazOn ink on the edge of the book. It set everything off just right.
The End appears on the inside of the back cover of the Book of the Night journal. I was going to continue with more collaging but really liked how this looks so I stopped.