Home

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Red Barn #3

Red Barn #3
I have never added lace to a piece of art before and today was the day to try it out.  Ingrid, my Swedish art friend sent me a package of fabrics and such several weeks ago (Thanks again, Ingrid.).  Ingrid also took a series of barn photos which I have been using in collages of late, this being the third.  So today was quite a busy productive day.  I made this collage, I printed postcards for mail art, I worked on a Rolodex card for my friend Brian, and I was an art docent in a classroom of second and third graders where we did monoprinting and stenciling.  We are making journal covers for a to-be-determined project, either science or writing.  I think I have earned a glass of vino.

Oh, I forgot, I went to the library to check out 24 books on Georgia O'Keeffe which I had ordered online to be delivered to my local branch......

5 comments:

Brian Kasstle said...

Cheers! Great works! I love this piece! Especially the right hand side beside the photo of the gentleman! I recognize him from the photos from the swap meet!

Busy man!

ingridp said...

OMG! What an adventure John !
Love love love this. I can see all pieces you used!
So so clever and fun

anonymous said...

What a productive day! This is a fun experiment with the lace but I would love that barn to have a bigger role - the tax paper, man and barn look so interesting.

marny said...

A fun piece, John, and what a great collaborative project with Ingrid!! It's great that 'students' from Jane's classes are still in touch!
p.s. are you going to whidbey in july???

tgarrett said...

I love the layers on this John- what a nice composition. I love the colors. Lots of make up a story with in this one. Well Done!!