Home

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Cardboard Journal No. 4 - 16

 



This is one of my favorite spreads in this shabby chic art journal.  The reason being because of the happy accident that happened prior to creating it.  I subscribe to The NY Times on Sundays and once each month there is a magazine section that I particularly like.  I found an image of the two women on the left holding a fish.  On the reverse side was a man who evidently was dancing or at least moving his body excitedly because his hair was flying.  I have a bright light next to my chair where I have been doing most of my collage work.  I happened to hold the image up to the light and both images were visible.  So I took a photo of it and now the man is superimposed into the photo of the two women.  It is pretty cool looking.  Here is the photo that I took….



4 comments:

jacki long said...

Great! Amazing what overlapping layers can do!

Robert Stockton said...

What a chance revelation took place when you held the photo of the women and fish up to the light, revealing an entirely new image! Some things in the creative process cannot be planned or predicted, but are simply meant to happen!

Bea said...

Very cool…

julia said...

Genius idea, john!