Home

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Cardboard Journal No. 4 - 05

 



Usually when I work in a journal like this one I do not work consecutively.  I bounce around from spread to spread.  I pour through magazines and when I find something I like I tear them out.  That way I have a pile of images to select from as I work.  In this case I started with a packing tape transfer of roses that I liked. I adhered the transfer to the journal substrate and then went to another page and did something.  When I want to use an image from my stash I audition and may audition several different pages until I feel it is the right spot.  I let the work lead me.  When I found the woman with the sack of potatoes on her head I had to have her in a journal.  When I did the transfer I added things to the packing tape.  So the original image was changed. Frequently what happens is that there is transparency and bleeding on the tape so other things show through in the transfer.  I will talk more about that when we come to a better example in a few days.  I love the partial envelope flap that falls down and extends the boundaries of the the journal.

1 comment:

jacki long said...

Yes, I love the surprises you put in your journals. Makes me happy!