Home

Monday, March 5, 2018

Target on My Back

Target on My Back

Recently I had a discussion about punching bags, you know the ones at carnivals that you throw balls at and they keep coming back up. We get punched but we keep picking ourselves back up only to get punched again somewhere down the road of life.  It can get tiring.  Sometimes we handle the punches better than at other times.  As I age I see so many struggles, struggles that one would have thought should have been dealt with a long time ago.  Many of them are overwhelming and the only thing that keeps one going is hope.  After watching the Oscars last night I found it refreshing to see hope presented.  The hope that so many movements were taking stands against adversity.   This morning in the newspaper I found hope that businesses who sell assault rifles were taking a stand when our government won't.  A few days ago I found hope in an article that says that the next election will be decided by the young and women voters. Hope is not lost, it gives us strength.

---------------------------------------

Sarah Sze: How We See the World | ART21 "Exclusive"




3 comments:

jacki long said...

Powerful and hopeful, John!
Wonderful! ♥

jacki long said...

Thanks also for the video, I really enjoyed it!

tgarrett said...

Thank you John your collage is wonderful and your words this morning meant so much to me.