Home

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Time Off

Time Off
Time Off is the third of four postcards in a series.  I was not sure what I was going to do with the results of acrylic under waxed paper technique used in the background. (You lay down acrylic paint and place wax paper over the top and leave it to dry, overnight works well.  The same goes for each separate layer.)  These cards sat and sat for a long time. Suddenly they became what you see.  I love it when something basically takes a life of its own.

5 comments:

Michele R. Unger said...

Huzzah! I love this, John!

Cate Rose said...

This one is really terrific!

amy of studio four corners said...

life of its own...yes, the best!

jacki long said...

Wonderful! Fabulous colors! Wow!
And, I love seeing your stamp.

anonymous said...

Be interesting if you could make bigger crackles and put pictures in them... Bold composition here.