Home

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

December Postcard 03

 


When I lived in Japan I saw t-shirts that had English on them and they did not provide a message.  It was just English words.  I rented a typical Japanese home with tatami mats. So heavy furniture was out.  I found these L shaped cushioned “chairs” that provided a cushion and a backrest.  I had to have them covered because on them it said, “Nude Man.”  Why am I telling this story?  The words in the postcard above reminded me of that experience living overseas.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

I remember the English t-shorts where the message made no sense, then I was told that t-shirts that we like here mainly just words and make no sense, just pretty kanji.

Anonymous said...

I like the story. Fascinated by the photo in the postcard - what are they doing?!
xcr