Home

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Portrait of a woman


 I have been taking Lewis Rossingol’s online workshop.  We have been creating portraits and using Procreate to do all sorts of magical things.  There is so much about this portrait that I would do differently next time but there are also so many things that I learning using the techniques taught.

I started by taking one photograph of a woman that I found interesting.  Then I overlayed two other women over the top of the first one.  Using Procreate I was able to keep portions of the faces that I wanted and to erase the others.  I then incorporated the image into iColorama which I had learned a few years back.  I am such a fan of iColorma and now a fan of Procreate.

I brought the working image back into Procreate and did some shading and added a background.  I am not happy with the mouth or the nose but that is no matter since it was fun and I learned so much.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Great job, John! Peocreate is a great tool ans has some features that I don't have in Photoshop. I took a one day class, but it didn't stay with me.

anonymous said...

Didn't see your name there. Did you post? It was a good course but it's lucky one can revisit as so hard to remember everything. xcr