Home

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Handmade Boxes for Caterpillar Stitched Books with Amulets

 






For the past four weeks I have been working on six boxes to house mini caterpillar stitched books.  Each box has a porcupine quill from which hang several amulets.  I am quite proud of how this project turned out.  It certainly was an enjoyable experience to design and create each box.  I have had the porcupine quills for a long time.  I was not sure how I would use them and voila here is what happened.

6 comments:

jacki long said...

Wow! I just love what you created! Each one is so rich and yummy!
I enlarged to get a closer view, and love them, John.

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...

Oh, john
This compound of “buildings” has a lot of power for the smallness of their scale.
Most excellent work; inviting yet, formidable.
I think it needs a miniature librarian in uniform.

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...

Do those drawers really open?
Amazing

tgarrett said...

Amazing work as always John. Wonderful to see these.

Lindsey said...

They are terrific John! Love the use of the quills.

anonymous said...

You are incredible, John. They are beautiful. I imagine all you want for Christmas is more shelves!!! xcr