Home

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Red No. 6

Red No. 6
In each of the red series I used several background papers including, printed deli, napkins, printed tissue, and on some I used pattern tissue.  One thing about photos that I really like is when something is only partially there.  The woman, in this case, needs the eye to complete her being there.

---------
Berkeley continued..........

After leaving Fourth Street in Berkeley, Monday, I made one stop before going to CODEX.  I have started a new collection of Trader Joe's bags, you know, the ones that are plastic and cost $1.00.
Different areas have different bags.  Brian Kasstle turned me onto the fact that somewhere right around Thanksgiving Trader Joe's has bags from different areas at your local store.  I guess they bring together the ones that have not sold and sell them as a package.  I will hit the store to find out when the time comes.  I have an idea for these bags but will have to wait to see if it will work as I need a variety of local ones.

Well, all week I have wanted to talk more about CODEX and now I can.  I had to finish the day's trip in order.  CODEX was all that I had heard about and more.  For book lovers it is amazing.  All books are handmade whether it is the binding or the guts of the book.  I was in heaven from the moment I walked in the door.  I was soaking wet but happy to be there.   A squall had come up as I was walking from the parking to the entrance.  Luckily there was a coat rack or I would have been dripping over the handmade treasures!

I did not get past the first row of vendors before I discovered Bryan Kring and his amazing art boxes.
I ended up purchasing two of them.  Here is a link to Bryan's website.... http://www.kringdesign.com/



Insecta Coleoptera





2 comments:

jacki long said...

I too like the eye finding the rest of this lady.
I love tracing the initial eye patterns.
The red series is terrific!

tgarrett said...

another good one- and so glad you had such a great time at the book show.