Home

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Red No. 19

Red No.19

I heard a very nice story today about a commission that I did.  The woman who commissioned me to do the piece on Soda Grandma, remember weeks ago?  Well her mother was given the piece sort of by mistake.  It was unintentional that she would receive it but she liked it so much that my friend gave it to her mother.  Well, the mother went to visit a friend and she took the piece with her to the nursing home.  The woman in the nursing home started up a conversation about old times because of my art piece as it brought back memories. I understand they went down memory lane for 45 minutes. All the ills of aging ceased to exist for a bit of time.

-----------------



I just love this piece by Lisa Kokin.  I am not sure if she did it on a real decaying leaf or on a fabric manufactured one.  I think I have some of those around here somewhere and am going to try out my interpretation of it.  I will let you know if it works out.  To find out more on Lisa Kokin go to:
http://www.lisakokin.com/


2 comments:

jacki long said...

Another beauty John!

Anonymous said...

I love that story - nice to trigger a happy time. Maybe your pictures with the wonderful old photos would be good for the sort of remember-sessions that people arrange with the elderly and/or those with dementia?