Home

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Purples Iris

Purple Iris
While living in Japan I purchased a screen that had hand-painted irises on it.  I had not thought about that screen for some time now and actually I am not sure where it is.  Perhaps it is under my bed.  I will have to check to see if I still have it.  Now that I look at the iris in Purple Iris I really want to find this screen.  I just hope I did not sell it in a garage sale or give it away.  We are talking about a purchase thirty-two years ago.

Purple Iris is one of eleven postcards I have recently begun.  Eight of them are completed and three are part of a collaboration I am doing with art friends.  All will be published on this blog over the next few weeks.  I wanted to add something contemporary to these postcards so all of them have abstract circles.  Several of them go out in the mail tomorrow to my snail mail art friends.

4 comments:

jacki long said...

This is stunning John! And your circles add perfectly.
Beautiful work as always, and I always look for your stamp.
I know what you mean about finding a certain something.
I have a a particular item that is evading me, but must be in my garage. ;op

jacqueline said...

Beautiful. Your body of work is so intricate and full of narrative. Are you writing the book to go with the images?

Brian Kasstle said...

Beautiful John! I love the contemporary circles added. Great composition.

anonymous said...

When/if you find the screen, do post a pic. I LOVE irises.