Home

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Armadillo Nightmare

Armadillo Nightmare
When I attended basic training in the army many, many years ago we went on night maneuvers.  Our task was to avoid the "enemy" at all cost and to make it safely to a predetermined point without capture.  My four buddies and I were quite successful  and avoided the "enemy" but I am surprised we did because an armadillo scared the bejeus out of me as it ran past.  I was sure my "scream" could be heard for miles around.

Although I do not dream of this incident it would make for a perfect nightmare and thus this piece evolved this week in my overactive imagination.  Since it is a dream everything can appear and the jack rabbit and cactus play roles in the composition.  According to Wikipedia, armadillos and cactus do not share an environment.  They do in my "dream" though.

6 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I love this and your accompanying narrative! We don't have armadillos here in Boston but still they have always seemed rather other worldly to me.

Brian Kasstle said...

Your dream is a "scream!" I can imagine the armadillo had just as terrifying of a story to tell.

Jill said...

Possum on the half shell.

anonymous said...

Love the well-camouflaged self-portrait! This 'erroneous' combo of animal and vegetation is nothing compared to the frequent juxtaposition of polar bears and penguins...
Super colours.

tgarrett said...

This a a wild ride- love the background treatment- makes for a great dreamscape.

Jane Davies said...

AWESOME!!! This is hilarious, as is the Grab Morning By The Biscuits one. Now I've got you bookmarked.