Home

Sunday, May 28, 2017

N3

N3
On Friday I finished my docent stint at the Schack Art Center in Everett.  I was hungry and decided to stop at MacDonald's on the way home.  After I ordered in the drive-through I continued on to the pay window.  The cashier handed me the receipt and said that my meal had been paid for by the gentleman in the vehicle ahead of me!  Now that had never happened before.  What a treat!

You might ask did I do the same for the person behind me.  No, but I will one day.  What I did was allow someone to go ahead of me in the grocery store line as he only had few items compared to my cart load.  I like the MacDonald's version of paying it forward.  I wish we had more of it.

-------------------------
Steal Like An Artist: Austin Kleon - a TED Talk



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oww7oB9rjgw

6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

I'm loving your new series. And thanks for the Ted talk -- very inspiring!

anonymous said...

I like the lion - I think he has in mind to creep up on someone eating a meal he just paid for... Watch out! No such thing as a free lunch after all.

tgarrett said...

Another nice piece- Ron and I will sometimes pay for someone's dinner when we are out- I have the book Steal Like an Artist and I get his newsletter email each Friday.

jacki long said...

ditto everything Terry said,
I too have the book, get the newsletter
& enjoyed the video. Thanks John. ;o)

Irene Rafael said...

Ditto of the ditto :) I do not get the newsletter... yet!

Irene Rafael said...

Read the book twice and am about to read it again but might listen to the ted talk first