Home

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Suffragettes

Suffragettes
The women's movement for the right to vote was not an easy road. Many suffragettes were jailed for acting on their beliefs.  These three women wear jailer fashion in 1917.  Why is it we continually have to fight for rights that should be accepted by all?  Everyone should be equal, period.  I look at the electoral process going on right now in the US and just shake my head. The Constitution gives equal rights to everyone.  That is set in stone.  There shouldn't be any rhetoric otherwise!

3 comments:

Brian Kasstle said...

Amen! Very cool spread.

anonymous said...

I like the red splashes - hints of blood shed in the cause.

Cate Rose said...

I love this collage. And I totally agree with your sentiment about our country and its cockamamie politics.