Home

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

World Culture

World Culture
Displaying these pieces as diptychs is quite different than how they look as a stack journal.  I have not made up my mind as to which look I like best.  After sharing all 20 I hope to have the cover to the stack journal done and then you will be able to see how it looks that way, too.  The only reason I even started the diptych look is because of entering the collage show.  I may add faux encaustic to each one, too.  I tried it on one and really like the waxy look.

6 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Oh John, these are fabulous. Maybe your best work ever! Keep it up!

jacki long said...

I love the richness John!
And the color palette is perfect!

anonymous said...

We all like these! Looking forward to seeing what you do to show them in the end. The restrictions you placed on yourself have led to really strong pieces.

tgarrett said...

Like the others here- this is terrific work and yes perhaps your best ever!

Thomas said...

Loving this so much John.

Brian Kasstle said...

These are fantastic! You know I LOVE busy. These are great.