Home

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Follow the Wind

Follow the Wind

My favorite part of this diptych is the light coming through a hole shining on the bird on the right. This journal is my third "shabby chic" or stack journal.  They take a long time to complete as it is time consuming to "paint" with paper.  First texture is added, then the paper painting begins.  Once that process is complete on both sides I was able to begin adding the other features which include vintage photographs, newspaper clippings, dictionary snippets, tissue paper, and words.  In this red, black, and white journal I have also added cheese cloth and paper yarn.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

John this is my favorite of the series that you have done so far.

Thomas said...

John - this is just stunning.

anonymous said...

I find the light reaches right over to the little bird bottom left. These are all so nice.

Brian Kasstle said...

I agree this is my favorite so far. Wonderful!