Home

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Abstract Art

Abstract Art 
I am in the process of finishing up twenty new works. Thus the works will appear over ten days on this blog either singly or as diptychs.  Each of the twenty works are "painted" with magazine papers. They are all red, black and white papers.  I have added paper yarn, cheese cloth, tissue images, dictionary and photo images, and added some acrylic paint here and there.  The works are all going to end up in a Plexiglas box and can also be displayed as a stack journal.  I am submitting three diptychs for the NW Collage Society Summer Show.

9 comments:

anonymous said...

Love this one, John. Looks so rich with that dull red. (Sorry - dull has two meanings but you know what I mean!)

jacki long said...

Welcome home! Hope you had a great trip!
I love this "painting with paper", and ...
look forward to the series. ♥

amy of studio four corners said...

really like the texture and tones of these...look forward to the others...

tgarrett said...

WOW- These push my buttons in the best way possible- terrific!

Irene Rafael said...

Absolutely stunning. Love the limited palate, the intrigue of the pieces you selected and am interested in seeing more of your stack journal.

Cate Rose said...

Just fantastic. What an awesome series this is!

Brian Kasstle said...

Really fantastic John. I love the limited color pallet. I can't wait to see the rest of these.

Seth said...

I really like these John. Love the color palette.

ingridp said...

you are so productive John. I envie you.
love this style