Home

Friday, January 9, 2015

Catch a Tiger By the Tail

Catch a Tiger By the Tail
I rarely remember dreams but a few nights ago my dream woke me because I did not want to dream it any longer.  In my dream I was driving on the freeway when suddenly I went blind.  I panicked and that's when I woke up.  Now where did that come from?  Perhaps it is because I had a conversation prior to bed about a friend who has to have cataract surgery.  Who knows, but I hope to not dream about that driving incident again. Catch a Tiger By the Tail is perhaps a dream.  It seems disparate in nature and yet some of it is familiar.  The photo on the right was taken when I went on a photo safari in the University district. I was stung by a bee last summer.  When I was a child I went to the circus. So it goes.....all those little pieces locked up in the brain and randomly come together in the dark of the night.

3 comments:

irene said...

Happy New Year! I love getting glimpses in to your wide and wonderful brain. xo

anonymous said...

That is a brilliant concoction! I love it.
In Carla's super Summer Camp this year I did one exercise making a story and could trace its origins in the way you describe above: "One of the bird resource pictures I downloaded was of a bird on its back, alive with eye open, that had been ringed. So I drew it with the eye closed. That reminded me of an exhibition I saw in London ages ago by Messager (http://articles.latimes.com/1995-06-11/entertainment/ca-19972_1_annette-messager) which was totally weird and haunting. I had been listening to the radio and the play had mention of the game of squash - hence the 'batting' I guess. Truly the mind is a 'wonderful' place."
You can see the pdf of my story on my blog http://credmayne.com/copy-of-2014/ on 13th August!

Anonymous said...

It all is up there in our heads and thank goodness they end up in our journals! I LOVE this spread! Wonderful. One of my all time favorites of yours John!