Home

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Waterpump
This piece belongs to the Barn series that I am presently working on as a journal collaboration with my friend, Ingrid, in Sweden.  The characters are Crazy Guys similar to another series I worked on months ago.  This is the first time that I have included a female Crazy Guy (I guess we should call her a Crazy Gal.) in a piece.  When I  first started Crazy Guys I thought it was difficult finding ephemera for the male form.  Finding just what I needed for the woman was equally difficult but not impossible.  Perseverance is needed to find the right collage pieces for each human figure. Each human form is three or four collaged pieces. Distortion is the name of the Crazy Guy game.

6 comments:

tgarrett said...

Very fun John-I like the background especially in this one- I am drawn to all the layers and colors. The figures are fun to have in the foreground.

Cate Rose said...

Wow, another winner!

anonymous said...

You have to be mad... But what the heck! Great fun.

Cathy Farrell said...

I love your crazy guys and gal!

Peggy said...

wow, wonderful, I am so impressed with your neat collaged look, you definitely have your own style. My art friend saw my RR book and liked your spread the best and was impressed with Seth holding it. Keep up your creative collaging. peggy

Brian Kasstle said...

I am with Terry on this one. I love the background with the blues. Especially the left hand side. Wonderful John.