Home

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Gaucho

Gaucho
I love making backgrounds and when they are finally done I have the problem of finding something to make the whole thing pop.  Sometimes that takes quite a long time.  In this case, the gaucho had been motivation for another piece in the Orly workshop.  I just happened to lay him on top of the background and voila, it was what was needed.  The striations on the gaucho's portrait come from the uneven background.  I sanded the face and got the lines.

3 comments:

tgarrett said...

I am so taken with the layers and the new techniques. This is another wonderful spread John.

anonymous said...

Even if you didn't foresee the 'striations', they embed the portrait wonderfully and echo some of the patterns opposite. If you did anticipate them, well done!

Brian Kasstle said...

Awesome! The striations are wonderful. Happy accidents! Such wonderful color in this spread!