Tuesday, August 27, 2013

RR Complete






Last winter I joined a round robin with six others hosted by Susie LaFond from Minnesota.  The RR is now complete as I have just finished the final spreads for Michele's journal.  It is pretty amazing how things turn out.  Michele created several pages in her journal from a Washington state map and some Seattle scenes from commercial paper.  When her journal arrived at my door, those pages were next in line for journaling.  Perfect for me as I am using Seattle as my home town for this RR.  As you can see I incorporated those into what I created for Michele.

Not only was the RR fun but I have made an art friend in Michele.  We meet each month to pass-off journals.  Today is the final pass-off, however, I know it won't be the last day that Michele and I meet to discuss journaling.  We have too much fun at our Starbuck's meetings.  I have learned so much from Michele who is an amazing journaling artist.

I am also so very pleased to have "met" six other journalers during this experience.  I thank all of them for amazing spreads in my new complete journal.

5 comments:

Connie Rose said...

Loving these. I had no idea all those quotes are from Chief Seattle. Very wise man.

Catherine R said...

Fantastic greens, strong images and good quotes in these spreads.

apaperbear said...

What an amazing journal. It must wonderful work John. Would love to see everyone's completed work!

Seth said...

I really like the collages on these pages. Sounds like it was a fun experience.

tgarrett said...

I love looking at these- I haven't been in a journal exchange in several years- your creative output is really inspiring John.