Home

Friday, August 16, 2013

Toward the Light

Toward the Light

I am involved in a new Round Robin group of five.  As I finish up my last RR, I am hosting a new RR group.  Susie LaFond was a great mentor and hostess in my last traveling journal group.  She kept us on our toes to complete spreads each month.  It was a lot of fun!  So I was ready to jump into a new RR right away.  Our new group members are mostly in Washington and one person lives in Texas.  Toward the Light is my first spread in this RR.

For this piece I adapted the idea of the Crazy Guy activity that my gentlemen's ATC group did months ago and  I used many techniques that I acquired while taking Orly Avineri's workshop on Whidbey Island a few weeks ago. 

Usually I do not start with an idea when thinking about a new piece.  I just jump in and see where it goes.  I did have the idea for this one and wanted to do it when I took Orly's class.  However, another piece Eye on the Forest took over and shoved this idea aside.  Not for long though as you can see.

4 comments:

Cate Rose said...

This is wonderful!

tgarrett said...

I am loving this John! I have to try that tape thing. This has so much depth!

anonymous said...

Great idea using the wide format and the depth is amazing - a very striking piece altogether. You must be pleased with this.

Brian Kasstle said...

I love this as well. I really love that you used more of the Crazy Guys here.