Home

Friday, August 9, 2013

A Passport Journal






Passport
Recently in an Orly Avineri workshop Orly displayed a journal example that I absolutely had to make.  Orly used an expired passport to create a journal with art on and in flips, pockets, folds, envelopes, add-ons, and who knows what all.  The completed journal looks like a "fat" book....a real journal term by the way.  Two weeks ago my new passport arrived and no better time than the present to use the expired one to create my own passport journal.  It is far from done and will be a work in progress for some time, but I have worked on it for six days and here is where I am at with it today.  Many people have been curious about this type of journal and so I share.

8 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Very, very cool!

ingridp said...

Do you stich in new signatures?
Just got my new passport and have always saved old ones. Hmmmmmm!
How about a travel journal in the passport?
Cool idea!

anonymous said...

Do you have more than 24 hours in your days, John? I know you get up early but you do seem to pack a heap of things in even so! It is a shame that they don't seem to stamp passports any more - the old ones would have been excellent for making pages to match the stamps as Ingrid suggests.

tgarrett said...

Thanks for posting this John! I was curious as to how it would look. And it looks like a lot of fun.
You are like the energizer bunny!

Brian Kasstle said...

I have seen Orly's inspirational passport journal. It is amazing. Yours is no less inspiring and amazing. I can't WAIT to see it full and bursting.

Seth said...

This is looking great already John. I especially love the last picture with the pages all splayed open!

amy of studio four corners said...

I can not forget to find my old passports - I am totally inspired by this!

Irene Rafael said...

Good fun here. Are you including travel memorabilia? I made a journal in this style from Artfest.