Home

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Keith Haring

Keith Haring


Months ago I made a stencil of Keith Haring to practice stenciling making techniques.  I have never used this particular stencil for anything other than practice yet.  I printed on some printer paper and that was that.  The piece of printer paper was left on my wet working station and got lost under some paper toweling.  I  often use paper towel to protect the work surface. Layers of paint soaked through the towel and started adding paint to the stenciled Keith.  When I cleaned up the wet area a few weeks ago I found stenciled Keith attached to the paper towel.  Parts of the original practice stencil tore off and parts stuck to the paper towel to leave what you see here.  I love discoveries like this.  Keith is now part of my passport journal.  There is even a pocket formed between Keith's nose and the paper towel backing. :-)

8 comments:

Cate Rose said...

Definitely a happy accident there!

Seth said...

This is very cool. And clearly meant to be. I have to guess that nobody ever thought the following sentence would be uttered: "I found stenciled Keith attached to the paper towel"!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Gotta love serendipity! I love your use of stenciled Keith in the passport journal. Every passport includes a passport photo, this one is jumbo sized.

Lisa in Oz

anonymous said...

Well, the pocket will be convenient if he has a nose bleed!!! Very interesting end result - try it again on purpose...

Anonymous said...

Happy Accident wonderfulness! I can't wait to see the completed journal!!!

tgarrett said...

What a find! I do love that when something is discovered- I have had it happen too- finding something and wondering why I had never finished it. I love the look of this John and I love Keith Haring- he died much too young.

ingridp said...

Love!

amy of studio four corners said...

love finding discoveries like that...I am still looking for my old passports because I love the passport book idea...where might they be...