Home

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly
Most of my time is not my own right now.  I am the executor of my mother's estate and although my father was very organized and had put everything in a trust, my mother headed off death by refusing to allow anything to be taken care of before her death.  Thus I have a huge mess to clean up.  The garage has things in it since they built their house in 1978 that have never been looked at since.  Boxes and garbage piled up. Gardening supplies and just plain junk has to be discarded.  Rats have taken to calling it home.  I am ordering a dumpster be delivered.  The exterminator came on Thursday!  Enough said!

So I have not been able to do much art and will not for several weeks if not months while I take care of everything. So is that love?  Right now it feels like anger.  This morning I have been thinking about the opera Madame Butterfly, the tragedy of it.  So here we go with an ATC for one of my international friends.

5 comments:

Claudia MB said...

It sounds overwhelming, John. Anger makes sense, and it's good you can name and express it.

jacqueline said...

Wow john, so much going on. I love your work and enjoy the posts. Just this weekend I tried a couple of pieces out based on your ' Models and Birds' series, which are my favorite! A friend and myself are exchanging postcards and working on them and sending them back to each other - in the hope that eventually we come up with some postcards worth keeping! Thank you. Jacqueline www.allaboutthemoon.blogspot.com

Cate Rose said...

Great ATC! So sorry about the mess you were left with. I hope there are a few good things in all that junk that you can use in your art. Just take deep breaths and take it one day at a time. Hugs.

amy of studio four corners said...

I'm so sorry...I had a small mess to deal with when my mom died but nothing of the proportions you are dealing with...hopefully a little time for art here and there will give you a little relief...

anonymous said...

I guess it's a warning to us all to be kind to the people who we will leave behind. All too easy to think one will deal with things 'another day' and the years roll by. Take some time off for yourself - if it's waited that long, the odd day out isn't going to make a lot of difference! Take care. Try and remember some times you laughed together.