Home

Monday, August 5, 2019

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart is a collaboration with Cheryl from Kirkland, WA.  We met online in the artist playing card group and we have tried to meet but it has not worked out yet.  Cheryl sent me four cards with one element.  It is my job to work on what she sent.  I thought I would remain minimalist and only do one element in return.  Stuart is the first of hers that I have completed although I have ideas for the others.

The reason for calling this piece Stuart is that it reminds me of the book Stuart Little.  Do you remember that E.B. White book?  Stuart is a mouse born into a human family.  Well perhaps this monkey is a cherished family member of the family on the left of the collage.  I love the body language of the woman leaning forward.  So proud!  I am calling it done.

2 comments:

jacki long said...

Stuart Little was so special, as is your piece, John.
I love the space between and how they all relate! Bravo.

Elsa of Lake Forest Park said...



A fabulous donezie!