Home

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wake Up!

Wake Up
This has to be the fastest finished collaboration I have ever done.  Wendy Lee Lynds and I are exchanging postcards.  We each work on a background and possibly the middle ground.  Then we send the postcards off to each other to finish.  Today the mail arrived at 12:45.  Of course I opened Wendy's mail first and I found three cards waiting for me to work on.  I had just cut out the men you see for something yesterday.  I auditioned them on all three postcards but this is the one that was the best fit.  Actually it is perfect with the colors that Wendy had already included.  By 1:06 I had the card done and was writing the message.  I call this speed collaboration!

It has been a bit of a trial collaborating with Wendy.  Not because of Wendy but because of the post office.  I sent Wendy two different sets of postcards that never made it to her house.  One being lost is bad enough but two lost sets seems a bit strange.  Finally I hand delivered a set to her.  What do you think happened?  She liked them the way they were so much that they are hanging in her studio and that is where I think they will remain.

With all that has been going on in the news about marriage licenses in Kentucky this postcard seems to have an appropriate message.

Thanks Wendy!


2 comments:

jacki long said...

Wonderful! Speedy or not, they are great!
I am always amazed at your cutting skills and
how effortlessly these sepia guys are right at home
in the gorgeous background colors! Love it, of course!

tgarrett said...

Terrific piece John- and that is speed collaborating!